By purchasing yarn from String Theory, you’re lifting up a number of small and female-owned businesses. We help women in Rwanda, who survived the genocide, educate a new generation. We help women in Uruguay find meaningful work without leaving their rural homes. We help a family in New Hampshire maintain a mill, a tradition spanning hundreds of years. We help restore the Patagonia Grasslands by encouraging sustainable farming.Every yarn we stock makes a positive impact.
Mittens in March with Meg! In Person!
Date(s): Tuesday evenings March 7, 14 and 21
Time: 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Description: Join Meg as she teaches you how to knit mittens using Tin Can Knits’ popular pattern, The World’s Simplest Mittens. We’ll be knitting these in the round, using double pointed needles or a long circular for Magic Loop. Once you learn the techniques and Meg’s tips you’ll never have cold hands again. This pattern is adaptable for yarn from chunky to fingering.
- World’s Simplest Mittens pattern by Tin Can Knits (free download on Ravelry or the Tin Can Knits website)
- One skein DK weight yarn. We suggest Keenan BFL DK or Neighborhood Fiber Co. Organic Studio DK. Please check your hand measurements against the pattern and make sure you have sufficient yardage for the size you want to make.
- US3 and US5 DPNs or long circular needles for Magic Loop. If you cannot get gauge with the suggested needles, find the correct size for your knitting.
- Stitch markers, a darning needle and a pencil or highlighter.
- Please come to the first class having knit, washed and blocked a swatch in your yarn of choice, so you know what needle size gives you the correct gauge.
- Read through the pattern and highlight or underline all the numbers and directions pertaining to the size you want to knit.
- Must know how to knit and purl and have some experience knitting in the round.
Shipping & Returns
To pick up your order at String Theory, choose GLEN ELLYN PICKUP during checkout.
Most packages are shipped with an $8.95 flat rate.
Ten cent shipping on orders over $100.
Unused items in their original condition and packaging can be returned for store credit within 6 months of purchase. No returns or exchanges are available for sale items or jewelry.
Thanks for your understanding.
If String Theory cancels the class for any reason, we will refund your registration fee. If you are able to cancel at least one week prior to your scheduled class, you will receive a store credit for your registration fee. If you cancel less than a week prior to the class, you will receive store credit only if we are able to fill your spot. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide class make-ups.