Sales Associate Needed
Do you love sales? Do you love yarn?
We are looking for a friendly, knowledgeable sales associate to work at String Theory three days per week including Saturday. We need someone to welcome, educate and inspire our customers (both local and online).
- Love working with people and problem solving
- Are detail-oriented, organized & accurate
- Have excellent oral & written communication skills
- Enjoy being creative and learning new skills
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods and lift up to 35 lbs
- Have retail experience
YOU COULD BE THE YARNISTA WE ARE LOOKING FOR!
- are passionate about good yarn, knitting/crochet and making the world a better place
- clearly communicate the features and benefits of our products to customers.
- can knit and/or crochet
- are focused on customer-service and interact with a positive attitude: cheerful, friendly, helpful, patient.
- effectively interact with co-workers and communicate clearly
- can identify and prioritize what needs to be done, multitasking with ease
- learn and execute our sales/inventory and computer systems as needed
- retail experience
OUR YARNISTAS MAKE CUSTOMERS FEEL LIKE ROCKSTARS
YARNISTA TASKS INCLUDE:
- Greet each customer as they enter the shop
- Determine each customer's needs and provide appropriate customer service and accurate solutions, including suggesting patterns, selecting appropriate materials, troubleshooting project/pattern errors,
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers in person, through email, and on the phone
- Accurately ring up sales, open and close out register/POS terminal, process product returns or exchanges, or register customer for classes.
- Stay knowledgeable about shop products, classes, and samples in order to describe features and benefits as needed
- Maintain shop merchandising, cleanliness and organization
- Tag, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Assist with processing and shipping online orders
- Assist with inventory and other shop projects as requested
- Keep all areas tidy, including vacuuming, dusting, trash removal
- Attend monthly team meetings (currently held on Zoom)
SOME PERKS FOR WORKING AT STRING THEORY:
- A fun place to work with fabulous co-workers & even more fabulous customers!
- Generous employee discount
- A creative and friendly environment
- A set schedule with the same hours every week
- Opportunities to learn and take on additional responsibility
Please send your resume and cover letter to Janet Avila firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: I want to be a Yarnista!
In your resume, please include 2 references who can speak to the requirements above.
In your cover letter, please explain how your particular strengths would contribute to the success of String Theory.
AND send a video of why YOU would be great at this job via Instagram’s direct message to @stringtheoryyarnco
At String Theory, we’ve created a culture of inclusiveness and community.
We are an anti-racist business and strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to,
ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Also in Hiring
Do you love social media? Do you love yarn?
String Theory is looking for someone to create community and educate and inspire our customers (both local and online) through social media.