Sales Associate Needed
Do you love sales? Do you love making the world a better place?
We are looking for a friendly sales associate to work at our 473 store on Saturdays. At 473, we apply the same buying philosophy of String Theory - environmentally friendly and socially responsible - to gifts and home goods.
We need someone to welcome, educate and inspire our customers (both local and online).
- Love helping people find the perfect gift
- Enjoy putting together a display that is beautiful and enticing
- Can make people feel welcome and
- Are detail-oriented, organized & accurate
- Have excellent oral & written communication skills
- Are able to stand for prolonged periods and lift up to 35 lbs
- Have retail experience
YOU COULD BE THE PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR!
- is passionate about making the world a better place
- can clearly communicate the features and benefits of our products to customers.
- is focused on customer-service and interact with a positive attitude: cheerful, friendly, helpful, patient.
- effectively interacts with co-workers and communicates clearly
- learns and executes our sales/inventory and computer systems as needed
- Greet each customer as they enter the shop, making them feel welcome throughout their visit
- Build and maintain positive relationships with customers in person, through email, and on the phone
- Create beautiful product displays that engage customers
- Promote products and events through social media
- Accurately ring up sales, open and close out register/POS terminal, and process product returns or exchanges
- Stay knowledgeable about shop products in order to describe features and benefits as needed
- Identify and prioritize what needs to be done, multitasking with ease
- Maintain shop merchandising, cleanliness and organization
- Tag, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Assist with processing and shipping online orders
- Assist with inventory and other shop projects as requested
- Keep all areas tidy, including vacuuming, dusting, trash removal
- Attend monthly team meetings (held on Zoom)
SOME PERKS FOR WORKING AT 473:
- A fun place to work with fabulous co-workers & even more fabulous customers!
- Generous employee discount
- A creative and friendly environment
- A set schedule with the same hours every week
- Opportunities to learn and take on additional responsibility
Please send your resume and cover letter to Janet Avila firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: I want to work at 473!
In your resume, please include 2 references who can speak to the requirements above.
In your cover letter, please explain how your particular strengths would contribute to the success of 473.
AND send a video of why YOU would be great at this job via Instagram’s direct message to @stringtheoryyarnco
At String Theory, we’ve created a culture of inclusiveness and community. We are always looking to increase our diversity.
We are an anti-racist business and strongly committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value, respect, and support all types of diversity across all identities including, but not limited to,
ethnicity, race, gender, LQBTQIA, age, religion and abilities.