By purchasing yarn from String Theory, you’re lifting up a number of small and female-owned businesses. We help women in Rwanda, who survived the genocide, educate a new generation. We help women in Uruguay find meaningful work without leaving their rural homes. We help a family in New Hampshire maintain a mill, a tradition spanning hundreds of years. We help restore the Patagonia Grasslands by encouraging sustainable farming.Every yarn we stock makes a positive impact.
Kandy Spice is named after the city in central Sri Lanka, where spice gardens abound. A UNESCO world heritage site and home to one of the most important relics of the Buddhist religion, the city is located in the hills of the Kandy Plateau, surrounded by tea and spice plantations. Our tribute to the flavors and aromas of Kandy uses directly sourced Sri Lankan sweet cinnamon as the base for a bouquet of warming spices that we love in baked goods, curries, or mulled wine.
- Add two teaspoons to your next batch of pumpkin bread.
- Add to pies in place of cinnamon
- Toss with cubed squash, salt, and oil before roasting
- Stir into your favorite hot cereal
Sri Lankan sweet cinnamon, ginger, fennel, coriander, star anise, fenugreek, black pepper, clove, mace, cardamom.
• Packaging: Recyclable
• Product Materials: Biodegradable, Compostable, Nontoxic, Plastic-free, and Vegan
• Production: Cruelty-free, Ethically sourced, and Sustainably sourced