By purchasing yarn from String Theory, you’re lifting up a number of small and female-owned businesses. We help women in Rwanda, who survived the genocide, educate a new generation. We help women in Uruguay find meaningful work without leaving their rural homes. We help a family in New Hampshire maintain a mill, a tradition spanning hundreds of years. We help restore the Patagonia Grasslands by encouraging sustainable farming.Every yarn we stock makes a positive impact.
Elegant and refined, Fino combines the softness of merino wool with the luster of silk in a lightweight yarn that’s perfect for heirloom accessories or luxurious garments. Fino features a dye process that yields complex, subtle, tonal colors.
- Fiber Content 70% extrafine merino wool, 30% silk
- Yardage : 495 yards
Gauge 24-28 sts = 4” / 10cm
- Needle Size US 3 - 5 / 3 – 3.5 mm
- Care Instructions Hand wash in cold water. Dry flat.
- Onete: one skein triangle scarf (free)
- A Girl's Best Friend shawl: three contrasting colors
- Seasaw Wrap: 2 skeins MC and 1 skein CC
- Ferrico: one skein hat
- Martine Mitts: one skein makes two pair
Coralie Springs: one skein and one set of minis for a shawl
- Finito Scarf 2.0: kits available here
With each purchased skein of Manos del Uruguay yarn, you will be helping a woman to support her family. Each skein is signed, so you will know who made your yarn, and from which village it came. You will be supporting the hand-crafted rather than mass-produced, and contributing to an economy where the workers control of the means of production.