By purchasing yarn from String Theory, you’re lifting up a number of small and female-owned businesses. We help women in Rwanda, who survived the genocide, educate a new generation. We help women in Uruguay find meaningful work without leaving their rural homes. We help a family in New Hampshire maintain a mill, a tradition spanning hundreds of years. We help restore the Patagonia Grasslands by encouraging sustainable farming.Every yarn we stock makes a positive impact.
ChiaoGoo Interchangeable Needle Sets are available in several combinations of tip material, tip length, and needle size!
SPIN™ sets include bamboo tips and three clear nylon SPIN™ cable lengths that allow the tips to swivel freely.
TWIST™ sets include surgical stainless steel, lace tips and three cable lengths. TWIST™ red cables are memory free! They consist of a multi-strand, steel cable coated with red nylon.
Also included with each set are easy-to-read, coded cable connectors, end stoppers, T-shaped tightening keys, stitch markers, a needle gauge and compact, zipper-enclosed, fabric case. TWIST™ & SPIN™ tips, cables and accessories are all switchable!
4" Sets allow you to make a 16" circular (measured tip-to-tip) - perfect for hat knitting! A total of three cable lengths are included (8", 14", and 22") to make 16", 22" and 30" needle assemblies.
5" Sets allow you to make a circular that is a minimum or 24" long - great for shawls and sweaters. A total of three cable lengths are included (14", 22", and 30") to make 24", 32", and 40" needle assemblies.
TWIST™ SHORTIES™ (2" & 3" tips) make 9″ (23 cm) through 14″ (36 cm) circulars! This set includes a total of 12 pairs of solid, surgical stainless steel tips US0, 1, 1½, 2, 2½ and 3, in both 2" and 3" lengths, in a secure tip sleeve, three MINI diameter red cables (5″/13cm, 6″/15cm & 8″/20cm), end stoppers, tightening keys, connectors, stitch markers and a mini needle gauge all in a red, pocket-sized nylon fabric pouch. The tips have a tightening hole to ensure you get a secure connection.
• Complete Sets include tip sizes US 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10½, 11, 13, and 15
• Small Sets include tip sizes US 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8
• Large Sets include tips sizes US9, 10, 10½, 11, 13 and 15
• MINI Sets include tips sizes IS000, 00, 0, 1 and 1½. They are only available in 5" lengths, and in stainless steel TWIST™ material.
• The TWIST™ SHORTIES™ Red Set includes a total of 12 pairs of solid, surgical stainless steel tips US0, 1, 1½, 2, 2½ and 3, in both 2" and 3" lengths - perfect for socks, mittens, and sleeves!.
• The TWIST™ SHORTIES™ Blue Set includes a total of 10 pairs of solid, surgical stainless steel tips US 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, in both 2" and 3" lengths - perfect for baby items, mittens and sweater sleeves!
Click here to see the details in a chart!
Shipping & Returns
To pick up your order at String Theory, choose GLEN ELLYN PICKUP during checkout.
Most packages are shipped with an $8.95 flat rate.
Ten cent shipping on orders over $100.
Unused items in their original condition and packaging can be returned for store credit within 6 months of purchase. No returns or exchanges are available for sale items or jewelry.
Thanks for your understanding.
If String Theory cancels the class for any reason, we will refund your registration fee. If you are able to cancel at least one week prior to your scheduled class, you will receive a store credit for your registration fee. If you cancel less than a week prior to the class, you will receive store credit only if we are able to fill your spot. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide class make-ups.