By purchasing yarn from String Theory, you’re lifting up a number of small and female-owned businesses. We help women in Rwanda, who survived the genocide, educate a new generation. We help women in Uruguay find meaningful work without leaving their rural homes. We help a family in New Hampshire maintain a mill, a tradition spanning hundreds of years. We help restore the Patagonia Grasslands by encouraging sustainable farming.Every yarn we stock makes a positive impact.
Vietnamese Cassia Cinnamon
Vietnamese cinnamon is an exquisite and rare cinnamon with rich, sweet tones, different from Sri Lankan Sweet cinnamon which is citrusy and more cedar-like.
While it is related to Sri Lankan cinnamon, this species is more closely related to Indonesian and Chinese cinnamon. Our Vietnamese cinnamon comes from the Yên Bái province of Vietnam, where farmers plant seedlings and harvest the cinnamon after the trees reach 8-12 years in maturity. After they're harvested the area is replanted, making this a regenerative process.
Contains: Ground cassia cinnamon powder.
- Botanical Name: Cinnamomum loureirii
- Alternate Names: Saigon Cinnamon, cassia
- Origin: Yên Bái Province, Vietnam
- Sourcing: Regeneratively grown and directly sourced
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, aromatic, distinctly and deeply cinnamon-y
- Pairs Well With: Baked goods like cookies, quick breads, and cinnamon buns